Wednesday, June 4, 2008

It's Like Stapling JESUS On Your Forehead

I was reading in Tim Lambesis' blog (and yes, that is punctuation correct, I checked) and it is one of the best religious blogs I have ever read in my life. It really made me think strongly, just in the first sentence. He stated that "...after seven years of touring with 'christian' bands...", and I immediately gave my signature "OOOOHHHH!" (as in a good burn!).

Then I realised, there really aren't that many bands out there who have full on Christian lyrics anymore. All these bands have sold out for fame and fortune and completly forgotten about using music to minister to the lost.

Dad kept arguing with me on the issue that Family Force 5 isn't Christian, and I debated with him for about twenty minutes on the issue. A couple days later, as I'm writing this, it occured to me that they aren't a Christian band. To be completly honest, how many bands today claim to be "christian", yet if you heard them on the radio, could you tell them apart from secular bands? I think it's time for bands to stop focusing on what they want to write, and focus on what they need to write.

This goes the same for christians. We need to have so much emphasis on our connection to God that non-followers should walk by and immediately tell which side of the religious spectrum we stand for. People should see us and say "there is a good person". We want them to want what we have, they should strive to be like us, not to the point of being envious or idolistic though.

New format of writing! Tell me how you like it!

2 comments:

Rose said...

Awesome, Nick! well stated and your dad is a wise man!
Rose

Anonymous said...

You’d believe together with the multi gazillion cash of investment that wikipedia could acquire some much more servers..