Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Let Me Do Surgery, I Watch House

Dad had a good message tonight. He mentioned that if 30 people in a gang can strike fear throughout an entire school, imagine what 30 christians can do. I thought about this and replied back with, "We have 50 people like that at Wren, and only like 10 gang people, and there is still fear." And then I thought again, are there really only 50 christians? That seemed like a bold statement in my mind, but it was actually true. There are over 300 or so people who go to church, but that doesn't make you a christian. Christian is a follower of Christ, not one who believes his teachings. I believe what my science teacher says, does that make me a scientist? In order to be a christian, you have to not only follow Christ's rules, but respect them. No matter what. There are a few statements in the Bible he makes that I don't entirely agree with, but oh well, that's the way it is. And I know his intentions on it, but it's just something I don't like. I still follow him though, cause he is my father, my savior, and my redeemer. Even if the book of John kinda bores me a little. That is what makes a christian, not just going to church.

No comments: