Saturday, March 3, 2007

Lets Break Out The Shotguns, We're Going to Town

I was told the other day that I didn't look like the normal rocker and that I looked more like a farm boy than anything. There were multiple feelings in that statement. It was an insult because I don't look redneck and don't want to be associated as one. It was also a compliment. I don't look like the normal rocker because I'm not a normal rocker. A normal rocker does drugs and gets kicked out of school more times than Michael Jackson gets lawsuits. I don't wanna be one of them. I love rock music to death though, but I'm not really impressed with the rocker lifestyles of it though. People have looked at me because of the bands I listen to(Norma Jean, Underoath, etc.)and assume that I'm one of those bad preacher's kids that doesn't give a crap about church, but yet I just tell them that I listen to what I want, and if GOD doesn't like it, he will tell me, in which it would be the christian thing to do to stop and ask him what I need to listen to to best express my life as a christian. Just a random thought that I felt like expressing.

No comments: